Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ruched curtains

     After I sewed the slipcovers for my dining room chairs, I decided I didn't like my kitchen curtains anymore. They were a large red block plaidish looking material...way too much plaid going on there, I decided. It looks cute on my chairs, but I'm not aiming for the fourth of July picnic look. I grabbed a scrap of black fabric and came up with this.


     They are super easy to make. You start with a rectangle longer than your window and hem it. Sew a pocket in the top for the rod.


     Mark your fabric on the back ever 16inches or so. Sew a strip of elastic where you marked. Mine are about 8inches long.

      Hang and you are all done! It adds a nice little scalloped look on the bottom and a bit of extra texture.


     See? When you do it yourself you can afford to be indecisive!

Linking to:
Tea Rose Home
Sew Much Ado
My Girlish Whims
Someday Crafts
The Freckled Laundry
Simple Home Life

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy you shared this. I have a rumpled valance over the kitchen window I hate but could not think how to get the scalloped look easily. Elastic?! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I love all your home redo's like the chairs and these curtains. They are just beautiful:>

    ReplyDelete
  3. very smart idea! Your new curtains look great.
    You did such a great job..
    Have a sweet day, hugs Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip! These turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turned out beautifully! Looks great hanging above the cute little pots :)

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your post! I can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. DIALAMAID focuses the most beneficial sofa maintaining services on Dubai. Regardless kind in sofa you have got, all you are doing is communicate with us and now we have among the better staff on this phone who can be thoroughly equipped to freshen up the sofa additionally, the carpets painstakingly. sofa cleaning dubai

    ReplyDelete