Thursday, July 21, 2011

ABC art and no-sew banner

      I am still working on getting the little lady's room fixed to my liking before little lady #2 arrives. As I've mentioned before, that room is tricky because of the low sloping roof and short walls. Any decor that is put up is within easy reach of little fingers. For this reason, it has to be non-breakable, and light weight so as not to smash the little culprit who might pull it off the wall.     
     I used a painter's canvas left over from another project, and a pack of wooden letters I picked up at the thrift store for 50 cents to make a simple piece of art for the wall.


      I painted the canvas with some blue paint left over from when I painted the toddler bed.


        Next, I painted my letters. An easy way to paint small stuff like that is to throw it in a Ziploc with a squirt of paint.

      Shake it up, and spill it out to dry.


     When it was all dry, I hot glued the letters onto the board. I also added a boarder of white polka dots using a pen cap dipped in paint.


      It is pretty simple, but I like it. My hubby informs me that my "Z" is backwards....well lovely. See what pregnancy does to one's brain?! I mean, I've always been a bad speller, but I figured I could handle my ABC's pretty decently! I can read and write, I promise...I even have a driver's license and everything. =)


     Total cost for that was about $2.50. The other quick decoration I came up with was this simple felt banner for the toddler bed.


     I cut out triangles of pink felt.


     I used stencils and fabric paint to put letters on them.


      I added some white dots, and hot glued it to a strip of ribbon.


      Again, very simple, but adds a bit color and fun to the room.


      At least I managed to get the letters right on the banner! =)



"Let all your things be done with charity" I Corinthians 16:14


Linking to:







3 comments:

  1. I really love the ABC art...this room is adorable!

    Blessings,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! The ABC art is fantastic, even if the Z is backwards. ;) Link up sometime at I Made It! Monday at www.ninthstreetnotions.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhhh...NO SEW...that's MY kind of craft!! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete