Monday, October 17, 2011

I heart Grey

      I tend to go on color kicks. This summer I was infatuated with everything turquoise and yellow. Now I've moved on to the color grey. I think its a classy color. Can colors be classy? I say yes. It looks so lovely with almost any other color, especially pastels. I. just. love. it.
My latest use of grey was this skirt. I bought the fabric ages ago and finally used it to make a quick skirt. This fabric really makes me happy, it has all my favorites...circles, stripes, grey, white and yellow. It drapes so well too!


        Off topic, but this style skirt is the quickest ever to make. I just use super stretchy spandex type fabric for the waist band. You can see it peeking out here (albeit slightly wrinkled).


        Here's a few more of my latest uses of grey.
       Short shirred, grey geometric print skirt for my Etsy shop.


      Ruffled grey scarf...tutorial found here.


     Satin sash bag...tutorial found here.


     A simple grey circle skirt with elastic waist band...because I need another grey skirt like a hole in my head.

       And, just for the record, I'm really loving these grey boots if anyone wants to donate to the "Abby needs outrageously priced boots" fund.

     Anyone else go through fits of color obsessions regularly? Don't be surprised if you see a new color scheme on the old blog here pretty soon! =)
     I've got some fun sewing tutorials in the works and the weather has been gorgeous here lately so lots of painting projects coming soon too! I need more hours in the day!
    

Psalms 65:9 Thou visitest the earth, and waterest it: thou greatly enrichest it with the river of God, which is full of water: thou preparest them corn, when thou hast so provided for it. 

5 comments:

  1. I love the first photo skirt. I need easy as I am a wannabe sewer. It hangs so well and love the long length. Tutorial?
    I like grays and browns'n tan in fall. Glad I stopped here. I will go see more of what you have '-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so making the scarf with the elastic thread! Who knew?!

    I like your style and am your newest follower. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy,
    I will see if we can't get a tutorial up pretty soon for it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your grey satin bag! I actually followed your tutorial to make one!! Turned out cute . . . Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those boots!! If you get extra for your fund, you can donate it to me so I can get a pair, too! =)

    -Janelle
    homemadethisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete