Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Kitchen Cabinet Doors Look Nicer in Bedrooms

       Really, they do, I'm not lying. The builder who built this house left a kitchen cabinet door sample up in the attic. I needed something other than a Ziploc bag to store my earrings. The obvious solution being, use the free cabinet door to store my earrings and do-dads. Want to see how?
     Here is my door.


     I removed the door and was left with this.


      I cut out a square of wire. This isn't chicken wire, I think its dog kennel wire. Whatever, use kangaroo wire if you want, you just need wire.


      I stapled that with my heavy duty staple gun to the back of my door frame.


     So now it looks like this.


      Next I spray painted it white. You know, spray painting is wonderful for many reasons, but primarily because it is so uncomplicated. I can run out the door and give a spritz in between my regularly scheduled housework and at the end of the day....voila! A completed project that didn't require a large chunk of my day! Really, you should go spray paint something. You'll be a better person.
     Anyway, I added a couple hooks I had lying around to the bottom and that was it. I didn't even distress it or glaze it, might be a first for me! Here she is all decked out in all her jewels (or fake silver as the case may be)
     Please note, this was hung behind my bedroom door and the walls are very dark. The pictures are awful, so use your imagination.


      The wire stuff works perfectly for hooking earrings.


      I might scrounge around and see if I can find another hook to add to the bottom there. I'm not a big necklace collector, but I do like me some bracelets.


     I think it worked out just dandy. I had everything on hand, so it cost me a grand total of $0! Love it when that happens!

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God:

linking to:
Kammys Korner
Not just a housewife
My Girlish Whims
Restore Interiors
Simple Home Life

4 comments:

  1. wow, you go girl! Love how you said "the obvious solution being..." Haha, so not obvious to most people - just creative geniuses like yourself!!! I love this, it's awesome! Thanks for linking up at Trash to Treasure Tuesdays on Kammy's Korner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I'm so doing this - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Now, if I can remember to mail off my too-big-for-Amy-but-just-right-for-Abby earrings to you... Ha!

    ReplyDelete