Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Favorites - Boutique tour


      Well it's Friday, and I am pleased to pieces about it. A few weeks ago I wrote a this post about how important it is to maintain your God given individuality in your style and work. This quote by Cheryl Nicolia, "Style is a voice, not a prop or an action. If you can buy it, borrow it, download it, or steal it, it is not a style. Don't look outward for your style; look inward", is perfectly illustrated by the pictures I am about to show you. When I wandered into  AJ's Southern Soul Boutique, I just about wanted to move in, I loved it so much!


       I decided you must see it, so I pushed back the "people don't really do weird things like walk into stores and take pictures" feeling....and asked if I could snap a few pictures for my blog. Angie, the owner, very graciously indulged my wacky whim, and allowed me to nose around to my heart's content. And now follows the longest blog post in blog history, so you better grab some coffee or something before you begin!
 ***Because these pictures are the hard work of another person, please do not pin them to pinterest. Any credit belongs to Angie, not to this blog, so I would appreciate your help with this.
       Right from the curb, this store gets one hundred percent of my attention. I am met with a cute little display of earrings in an eclectic collection of containers.




       The windows display flawless fashion with vintage finds.





       Walking through the front door, just makes me stop and smile. Color, texture, design, and an obvious skill at putting it all together is absolutely everywhere.





      For me, its hard to decide if I'd rather have what's on display, or the displays themselves!


        I completely love the way everyday things, thrift store and garage sale type finds, are used in a tasteful way as a backdrop for all the beautiful clothes and accessories for sale.





       Take a look at how just ordinary old patterns are used as decor.





       As for what you can buy there, I could cart home just about one of everything. There is an excellent mix of styles to choose from, and the accessories are just amazing.






      There is a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere projected with things like these colorful chairs scattered about.




       Right down to the details, there is creative thought, and originality put into everything. Nails that hold jewelry get a touch of color with some fun ribbon and buttons.


       When you say goodbye with your purchase, you don't get just an ordinary plastic bag.

       Don't ever assume people won't notice small things like that. They will, and they will appreciate it. From start to finish I completely admire the diversity and creativity found in this shop. There is culture without loosing the local flavor. There is vintage contrasted with current fashion. There is thrift without sacrificing style. Above all, it is someone doing what they love with their unique view of it.

 
     If you live in the local area, I'd highly recommend dropping by. Even if you aren't local, like AJ's Facebook page to see all the latest goods. You can message Angie to buy directly from there.
      So, here is your homework for this weekend, go find some real life inspiration. Pinterest and blogs are fun, but I think real life is even better! You just have to look for it! Happy Weekend!
P.S. I'm not getting paid or benefiting in anyway from this post. Its just my opinions on a really great shop!
P.S.S. That completely adorable skirt I was wearing in Wednesday's post came from here...and they are on sale! Yay!

Psalms 139:17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment